The Week I Started Learning French




Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hyvää Joulua!

Christmas is in full swing this week!

I've just felt the Christmas spirit in all its amazing glory this week! Finland is truly a magical time to be a missionary! And to be serving in the mostest magical place in the world just makes it all the better! 

This past P-Day we got to go to the Joulutori! Which let me tell you was a DREAM COME TRUE. It was a winter wonderland and it was the coolest thing of my entire life. We were there and we had Moose Makkara and we met Joulupukki! Honestly it was such a blast! Funny thing was, we were looking at all the adorable shops and the only things I wanted to buy were decorations for the house that I don't own.. I think I'm getting old.. Haha but it was the coolest most Christmasy thing ever :)

So I went on a date! HA NO! I chaperoned a date. No joke. There is this cute old man in our ward who was trying to be sneaky and invite a recent convert over so he could "tutustua häneen" (get to know her) So he thought it would be really sneaky to invite the missionaries and her over for dinner.. It was so awkward.. Sister Adams and I made dinner for them while they talked and got to know each other.. It was just kinda really awkward the whole time and Sister Adams and I decided that if thats what dating is like, when we get back home, that we NEVER EVER EVER want to go on another date for the rest of our lives.

But this week is Zone Conference so we have that tomorrow and then we are off to Oulu on Wednesday for the conference up there on Thursday.

Its such a magical time to be serving our Heavenly Father and sharing the wonderful, joyous message of Christ. 

I love you all sooo much! 

Love,
Sister Jones

All the Joulutori pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment