The Week I Started Learning French




Saturday, December 17, 2016

And the Craziness Continues


So okay, yep, mission life is still insane.

On Wednesday, we traveled a ton. We went to Jyväskylyä for District Meeting and it was definitely the best District Meeting of my entire mission. Our District Leader had us do a role play where we showed the new Christmas Video and then committed someone to baptism. WELL IT WAS AMAZING and we actually used it this week and IT WORKED! So that was really cool!

We then went home for a little bit, and then went back to Jyväskylä. The way that all our schedules worked out was that we had to go there twice in one day. But I'm not complaining, it was a blast. We had exchanges there with Sister Bradbury and her trainee Sister West. This was the most amazing exchange that I've ever been on. Seriously, I learned soooo much from those sisters.

I was with Sister Bradbury and she took me contacting to her favorite spot in Jyväskylä. It is by the edge of this beautiful lake overlooking the most picture perfect thing you ever did see. It was about 7:30 at night and the lake was frozen and a storm was coming in. It was absolutely perfect. I started crying when I had the realization that my mission is quickly coming to an end. Luckily, Sister Bradbury knew exactly what to say to me in that moment and she helped me soo much. My feet are definitely still here in Finland, but I'm realizing that they won't be much longer. So I will definitely be focusing even harder and taking advantage of every moment I have here.

We had our Ward Christmas Party this past weekend and it was a blast! They wanted us missionaries to do a skit so Sister Adams and I were in charge of creating a skit for us eight missionaries to do. Four our skit, we decided that we would "get ready" for the party. So we had the senior companions get ready, while their arms were tied behind their backs, the junior companions then knelt behind us and pretended to be our arms. Sister Adams put my make up on, one set of Elders shaved faces, one combed hair and made a sandwich, and the other sisters wrapped presents. It was pretty funny and the whole ward had a ball with it :) 

We had exchanges yesterday here in our area and it was a blast! We taught some great lessons and talked to some really cool people. I learned a lot about how when you do your planning and everything you can, then (when you are in the moment of a lesson) the Spirit will help you to know exactly what they need to hear and what you need to hear as well. It's really amazing.

That's pretty much my week! I love you all soooo much! Thank you for everything!

Love,
Sister Jones

Pre Christmas Party Selfies

Us Missionaries With Joulu Pukki 

Morning Train drop offs with Vaasa Sisters

Morning walks with the Jyväskylä Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment