The Week I Started Learning French




Sunday, January 1, 2017

Onnelista Uutta Vuotta!!

Hey Everyone! It was so fun to Skype my family the other day! It was so great :) 


We've had a busy week as normal here in Tampere :) We had Zone Conference week, so on Tuesday we had our conferences here and then on Wednesday we were on our journey up to Oulu for the North Zone Conference. We spent the night there and on Thursday was the conference. It was pretty funny because Oulu at the moment is a sheet of ice, so I slipped on my way over to the church. I didn't think much of it, but when I checked to see if I had gotten hurt, I had a giant hole in my tights and a nice gash on my knee.. I tried to tough it out, but it didn't work. I needed some intense band-aids.. Ha no worries though, now its totally fine :) I'm practically healed! But the conferences were really good and it was so great to learn from President Watson.


Then it was Christmas time! We had some amazing members who invited us over for all 3 days of Christmas. On the 24th (the big Christmas day here) we went and had traditional Finnish Christmas with an adorable family! On the 25th we had church and it was a fantastic service! We had a lot of people from off the street come in since it was Joulu Kirkko  and it was really cool! 


We then went to another families house for dinner and we skyped and had such a fun Christmas Party and program :) It was the best thing to jump right back into the work on Christmas! It was so much fun as well because they had 3 of our recent converts over as well, so we got to spend Christmas with them as well.


Yesterday we went to this older couples home and had such an amaizng time! Seriously! It was so cool because they remind me so much of my Mummo and Pappa that it was like i was just back at home :) I loved it! 


We've taught a couple of lessons and we have some more tonight :) The work is moving forward and I've so glad that I've had the past month of my mission to be sooo focused on Christ. I'm so grateful for his example and all that he has done for me. 


I love you all soo much! Thank you for all the warm Christmas wishes!

Love,
Sister Jones


All of us Sister in Oulu

Us posing with the cool ice rinks

Us being posers. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment