So the other day we were out contacting and we stopped this guy. Sister Kehr started the contact and the guy could tell that she wasn't a Finn, so he started speaking English. He turns to me and says "Oletko suomalainen?" YESS!!! I told him, in Finnish that I wasn't a Finn. He told me that he thought I was!
SO MY MISSION GOAL IS COMPLETE!!! I got mistaken for a Finn, BY A FINN! Now granted everyone who isn't a Finn, thinks I'm a native Finn, but Finns always think I'm from Sweden or Russia.. So its been my goal for the past 18 months to be mistaken for a Finn!
This week we've been getting everything ready for our investigator who is scheduled to be baptized on Saturday.. We finished teaching him all the lessons and he's got one of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen. He keeps asking what he needs to do to prepare for Saturday and I told him "Continue to pray about the Book of Mormon, about Joseph Smith, and about all the other things we've taught you." His response was as follows.. "I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith restored the church, and that this truly is God's true church on the earth today!" I practically died. He's sooo cool!
And to prove just how dedicated he is, he's is Sweden all this week of a business trip, but he's flying back twice during the week, so a lesson and his baptismal interview. Legit, this guy is sooo dedicated.
We also had a really cool expirence on Sunday. It was the "Northern Europe Combined Stake Conference". It was a really cool exprinece. It was broadcast from SLC, but it was showed to all of us here in Northern Europe. Whitney L. Clayton, Timothy J. Dyches, Linda S. Reeves, and Elder M. Russel Ballard spoke to all of us. They talked sooo much about gaining our own testimony and how its okay to ask questions. It was really cool to have them explain the things we need to do to have our own testimony grow and how if we have questions about what happened in the past, or why something the way it is, as long as we we keep doing what we are supposed to, it will be okay and we will be able to understand everything better.. Honestly I loved it. It was a great conference!
I love you all! It was a great week and we are looking forward to fantastic week ahead of us! I hit my 18 month mark on Thursday which is absolutely insane.. BUT I've got 3 weeks still, TIME TO WORK EVEN HARDER!
Love,
Sister Jones
Me and Sister Willoughby on Exchanges this week
|
| All of us sisters on exchanges! Yes, I truly am that white and pale... |
No comments:
Post a Comment