The Week I Started Learning French




Tuesday, March 28, 2017

And Just like that, Its over...

I've been pondering a lot this week about what this mission has done for me. As I've come to the end and experienced all the "lasts" I've had a lot of things to ponder. 

I just want everyone to know one thing. I'm not the same Emili that left almost 19 months a go. I'm not. I've changed. Heck, people don't even think that I look the same. And lately most people don't believe that I'm an American.. Ha that's been a funny one.

But I wouldn't change anything. 

I am so much better now. I've grown in ways I didn't know were possible. I've literally seen the healing power of the Atonement change my life. 

I'm happy. Truly happy. I know that there is NO OTHER WAY to achieve true and eternal happiness in life than through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There literally isn't any other way. 

If anyone would have asked me 19 months ago if I thought I would love and appreciate my mission as much as I do, I would have told them that they are crazy. That makes total sense since I screamed at my dad on the way into the MTC to turn the car around. 

I am eternally grateful that he didn't. He kept going and I stayed here. Even when it was hard and I wanted to go home, I'm grateful for all the people who kept me here and helped me through it all. 

I have served my mission. I've tried to do everything the Lord has asked me over the past 19 months and do it well. 

I am so grateful for my mission. I don't think I'll ever see the full effects that this mission has had on me, but the ones that I can see, have been the worlds greatest blessings to me. 

I love My Heavenly Father with all of my heart. Jesus is the Christ. This is the ONLY way to receive salvation and happiness in this life and the next. Families are eternal. Life isn't easy, but with our Savior and Heavenly Father by our sides, its possible and its amazing. I know the church is true. 

I love the Finnish people with all of my heart. My people. I've grown to be one of them and I'll be forever grateful for my divinely inspired call to serve here.

I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and support as I've served these past 19 months. I'll be forever grateful for everything you've done.

My homecoming will be 23 April 2017 @ 9 am. My church address is 205 S. Angel Street Kaysville, UT. Everyone is welcome to come! I would love to see as many of you as possible!

See you on Thursday!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Emili Jones
 
 
 
Enjoy this random picture of me and Sister Kehr.. I had just eaten a blue airhead.. ha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment