The Week I Started Learning French




Monday, October 10, 2016

Terveisiä Oulusta!

So as I write this email I am currently sitting in the Oulu Chapel. Oulu is in the northern part of Finland, close to the Arctic Circle. We had MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) last Friday and Saturday in Helsinki and President informed us that since there aren't Oulu Sister Training Leaders anymore (and since we are now over the North Zone), we are supposed to be at all North Zone meetings. So we got back to Tampere from Helsinki late Saturday night, went to church on Sunday and then right after church we packed again and went on another train up to Oulu (about a seven hour train ride)! So we've had a fantastic day of meetings and wisdom from President! We don't really have a P-day because of it, but that's okay! We got to go on a trip for our P-day this week :) Every missionary's dream right?? Ha
 
Since this week was MLC, it was so fun to go and spend time in the Mission Home with all the other leaders of the mission. It was really quite freaky when all the STL's, ZL's, DL's and AP's were all sitting there and President Watson says "This is all of the leadership for all of the missionary efforts and work for the entire country of Finland... It was a little insane.. But such a great exprience.
 
Also the BEST part of MLC was the fact that we got to go to the Temple on Friday. It had been about 10 months since I had last been to the temple and it was such an amazing experience. I was sooo incredibly grateful for that experience. I was sooo blessed with a feeling of peace and being able to feel my Heavenly Father's love for me and for all of his children. It was such an amazing experience. I am soooo grateful for it.
 
This past week has been absolutely insane and so busy. We haven't been in our area very much, but luckily Heavenly Father is truly blessing us as we strive to do our best. We've seen soooo many miracles and just soo many amazing things happen that we know are a direct correlation to us serving and doing our best with what we have. It has been truly amazing.
 
I love you all soo much! Thank you for all your support! I'm sorry I don't have a ton of time to write today, but our train is leaving soon. Just know that I love you all soooo much! You are the best!
 
Love,
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment