This week was such a blast! We've been sooo busy again and it's great! We've been teaching our wonderful recent converts and it's just great!
This week we had a little bit of a different expirence. Since this is Sister Clark's last transfer, she went down to Espoo (Helsinki) for the day to do this "My Plan" thingy. It's really just a day meeting where you talk about going home and setting goals and such and then they have you go right back to work and not focus on home. I'm not too excited for when its my turn. BUT with her down in Espoo, Sister DuPaix and I were left to man our area by ourselves. Now we have only been here about a week and it was pretty crazy.. BUT no worries everyone! We made it to our apointments and talked to a lot of people WITHOUT getting lost once or even taking the wrong bus. I would say that it was pretty impressive. Ha
It was also fun because we had Sister Parker, who's serving in Vaasa, come and be with us for the day, since her companion was also at the meeting. So it was just such a blast! We had so much fun!
We had one of the best lessons I've ever had on my mission yesterday. We found this new investigator and he just was very blunt about not wanting to join any other church because he truly believes in his. So, as we were talking to him and testifying of our message, we could just feel the spirit right there along with us testifying to him as well. We watched his heart soften sooo much in the half hour that we were with him and it was just a testimony to me that as we prepare and boldly testify with love, the Lord will guide us to know what to say and that His Spirit will be there right along with us. It was truly amazing! And THEN as we were saying our closing prayer (which he didn't want to participate in), HIS WIFE (who doesn't want to learn), actually participated in our prayer instead. WHAT A MIRACLE! I can't accurately describe just how amazing this lesson actually was, but really it was one of those amazing missionary moments that I will never forget!
Also Genreal Conference was practically the best thing ever! So many powerful meetings! I really learned just so much from it. It really was sooo greattt!
I love you all soo much! Thank you for all your support and love!
Have the best week!
Love,
Sister Jones
| Our name tags when we were on top of a scenic water tower looking over Tampere |
| Me, Sister Clark, and Sister DuPaix celebrating my 6 months left mark |
| Me, Sister Parker, and Sister DuPaix |
No comments:
Post a Comment