The Week I Started Learning French




Friday, March 11, 2016

And for a third week, I dwelt in the house..‏


Seriously it's ridiculous - three weeks. BUT there is an end in sight. We went to the Terveystalo last Tuesday because we were still sick, and well everyone, I NEVER HAD THE FLU. Never. I just had an extremely contagious and a really bad case of... BRONCHITIS!! Yep. No worries. Just that. But luckily I have been on antibiotics for a week now and I am much better! I should be fully recovered any moment now. I'm practically already healed. Pretty much. Ha 

Sister Wunderli was really worried about the possibility of her having it as well since we spend every waking moment together. So the next day we went to the Terveystalo for her. She has a horrible case of an UNIDENTIFIABLE VIRUS! She's convinced that her body has produced this virus to stop her from getting Bronchitis. I'm doubtful. 

But all is well! The work is moving forward and you would never know based on our Key Indicators that we have been bed ridden for 20 days (unless you look at our contacting numbers, then you could tell!). We are already doing better than our last two weeks and its only Tuesday! Yay! Next week I promise I won't be writing about me being sick. I promise.

Now a fun story! Since the other week we were bed ridden and unable to go to church, we were unable to check our dinners for the upcoming weeks. On Wednesday we were going to teach a lesson which ended up falling through and so we went to drop a video off at his house and then go visit this INSANELY cute widow who lives really close to us. While we were walking there she actually called us and asked if we were almost to her house. To our shock we said yes we actually were. She then explained that she had signed us up for lunch at 1. It was then 1:20 and we had just eaten a huge lunch because we weren't going to be able to eat until a lot later.

So on our walk over we started stretching as much as we could before we braced to tackle the beast that is a "Widow's Lunch". Now we ate a lot of food. She kept giving us more and more and you know you have to eat. So we did. It got to the point where literally we couldn't even smile. We were 100% focused on not throwing up. I've never been so full in my life. Never. I didn't even know that was possible. Both Sister Wunderli and I were so full that we couldn't do anything else the rest of the day. The only thing we could do was sleep. That was a whole new experience. The food was awesome though! I just wish I could have been able to enjoy it more...

But anyway! It has been a pretty standard week with FINALLY figuring out my Bronchitis and getting better! It's really been so great and I'm so grateful for the love and support of you all and the members here in Finland!

I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Jones
 
 
Me at the Terveystalo! Yay!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment