The Week I Started Learning French




Monday, February 22, 2016

And I dwelt in the house...‏


Well from the title of this week's email I spent most of my week in the house. I got the FLU! Yay! Don't worry, like a good missionary companion I shared it with Sister Wunderli. We've literally been in our beds since Saturday. Other than a few teaching appointments, today was our first day out. Ha 

Luckily the ward has been taking care of us "Inactive Missionaries" and have brought meals and really just taken care of us. THEY ARE SO GREAT! They are planning on teaching us the Plan of Salvation tomorrow since we now need to be reactivated. Don't worry, we'll regain full activity in the church very soon.

We ended up missing church yesterday and let me tell you that was weird. We called our District Leader asking what we should do and he had no clue. No one really knew what to do since missionaries NEVER miss church. Oh well, although we're still sick, we are getting better. Mom, don't worry we'll be fine.

We did get to teach a few of our lessons this week. One was particularly fun because he texted us in the morning asking if we were allergic to anything because he and his wife were making dinner for us that night. Gah! People are my favorite! Okay, so I don't know about most missions, but in Finland this never happens. It was so cool to just have a dinner conversation and talk about the church. So cool! 

Other than that, it has been a good but slow week in Marjaniemi. 

I love you all! Have the best week!

Love,
Sister Jones
 
Sisar Jones sick in bed
 

No comments:

Post a Comment