So I've said it once and I'll continue saying it forever: I LOVE THE MEMBERS IN THE HELSINKI FIRST WARD! This past week Sister Wunderli and I were out working and we didn't have time to go home and make dinner, so we were just planning on grabbing something really quick. As we were walking around Itis we saw some ward members and talked to them for a minute. They told us about this way good place to eat and they walked over to show us where it was. So once we get there they show us the awesome menu and then ended up buying our dinner and left! Seriously, that day more than ever, it was the most amazingly kind thing ever. It was just such a tender mercy with all that has been going on lately. Gah I love the ward members.
This week with it being Valentines Day, Sister Wunderli and I wanted to make it really fun and just a really good "Ystävanpäivä" (literally means Friend Day). We thought it would be fun to make valentines and pass them out to the ward. So we got paper and wrote on them and put a little piece of chocolate with it. Then we got to church really early and passed one out to every person as they came in the door. Luckily we have about 120 active members so we didn't have to do the regular 400 we would have needed if we were in Utah. Ha!
To put the cherry on top of Valentines Day, Sister Wunderli and I matched - 100%. We both had the same pink sweater and then we found this really cute dress that we both liked so, we wore them on Sunday. Gah it was seriously so awesome! But never again will we ever match. Both of us really hate matching but for Valentines Day, we had to do it. Ha
It has really been a great week with so many tender mercies and seeing the Lord guide us in our efforts each week!
I love you all! I miss you! Have the best week!
Love,
Sister Jones
| We went the whole day looking like this. ha |
No comments:
Post a Comment