This week has been absolutely wonderful! First off HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of those in America! Sisar Wunderli and I celebrated Thanksgiving with a traditional feast of chicken, potatoes, brussel sprouts and Glögi (it's a Finnish drink, don't even question it!) Yep, pretty darn American if you ask me. Ha just kidding. Its hard to celebrate holidays that don't exist in the country you're serving in. Oh well, it was still a fantastic day!
We have a new investigator who is seriously the sweetest thing you've ever seen! We taught her about a week ago and she didn't seem very interested. Like the good missionaries we are, we invited her to be baptized and she really had an issue with that. She's already been baptized and didn't see the point to doing it again. So we invited her to come to church and she said she would come but she didn't have a ride. So we arranged for her to ride with the bishop and his wife. We came to find out that she's had an extremely difficult life and has just really, truly, struggled.
We thought we would take over some corn bread that Thursday and just drop in and say hi. So we did and let me tell you, the miraculous change that had occurred in four days was unbelievable. She was so incredibly happy and just so upbeat! We weren't planning on teaching a lesson so we were getting ready to go and she says "So, I want to be baptized before I go on vacation." Just totally out of blue. Like it was amazing!
SOOOO she's getting baptized in TWO weeks! Yep we've got another baptism under our belts! This is the coolest part about my mission so far, seeing the literal change that the Gospel and the ward members can have in just FOUR days on a person. Its amazing! She's just the cutest and I love her so much!
One thing that makes her really fun is that she speaks French and a little more Finnish than I do. So we sometimes have a hard time communicating. So, obviously Sisar Wunderli and I decided the best thing to do was, well, start learning French. It's working out great. I now can teach the Restoration and Plan of Salvation in French. No worries, I can still sorta teach those in Finnish too. Ha, It's been a great week!
So I totally forgot my camera, so no pictures this week :( Sorry Mom!
But really though, it's been a fantastic week filled with recognizing how AMAZING the Gospel is and how great the impact is has on my life! I love this Gospel and I'm so grateful to be out here serving the Lord in Finland, speaking English/French/Finnish :)
I love you all and miss you!
Love,
Sisar Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment