


Tervetuola!
Hei Everyone! This week was a great week! I'm so blessed to be in the most amazing country! I love it! So no, its not the 4th of July, but it was December 6th -- Finnish Independence Day! Yay! Ha it was so cool to wake up in the morning and see Finnish Flags flying high! Kinda trippy though, since it wasn't American Flags and that's what I'm used to. But it was really cool!
We've been working really closely with our investigator who is getting baptized next Saturday! We've pretty much seen her every day this past week and let me tell you, I LOVE HER! So we had the Word of Wisdom lesson which we figured wouldn't go super well because she's a heavy tea drinker. And like we figured, it didn't. Ha. So we left. We talked to her later and she said she had made tea (this is where the story gets really good) and she started to drink it. It started to make her feel weird, so she drank some milk and she felt soooo good after that. Now she doesn't drink any tea anymore! Ha bless her heart!
We were over there a little later and she had her big tea glass and she tells us that she just couldn't give up her tea after all, and that she was going to drink it right then, in front of us. After Sister Wunderli and I told her how important it was for her not to drink tea, she started laughing. Not just laughing but like cracking up. She showed us the contents of her cup. Water. Water. Just Water. You think I would have caught on since I grew up with Timo Jones as my practically joking father. I'm sure that's the exact thing he would play on the missionaries. I just know it.
So Sisar Wunderli and I were asked to sing at a Filipino Party last Saturday. Yes you read that correctly: A Filipino Party. In Finland. In December. We got to the party when they told us and found out it really started two hours later. Cool. Oh well. It ended up being a lot of fun and we got free food. Life of the missionaries :) Ha
This has been a great week! We have Mission Conference this Thursday, which means that nine out of the eleven of my MTC group will all be in the same place! I'll get to see Sister Adams and a bunch of my buddies again! I'm so excited! We also have Interim, where ALL of my MTC group will be reunited, starting Tuesday of next week so my next P-Day will be on Monday! Just like the rest of the missions! Yay! ha
I'm so grateful to be here! I love Finland and Finland during Christmas is definitely the most magical thing I've ever experienced! Now just pray that we get some snow ;) Ha!
I love you all! Have a fantastic week!
Sisar Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment