The Week I Started Learning French




Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hyvää Joulua!‏

Hyvää Joulua everybody! Christmas is coming up so fast and I can't even believe it! I'm so excited to be in Finland for Christmas! Its amazing!

This week was insanely busy but so amazing! First off we had Interim, which was wonderful! I loved seeing all my buddies from the MTC back together for four days. It was perfect! We picked up right where we left off, (but we were all even cooler and closer than before). It was really great! It was sad to think that it was probably the last time all of us would ever be together, at least while we were on our missions. We also got to spend four days learning from President and Sister Watson. It was really great and totally inspired Sister Wunderli and me to be better missionaries than ever before. 

As a closing to interim we went to the Helsinki Temple. Now I've said it once and I'll say it again, that temple is the most amazing place in the whole world. I'm obsessed with it. It was my dream to originally go through the Helsinki Temple for my endowment, but that wasn't really an option especially with me going back in a few months to serve my mission here. But, I finally went through the Finland temple. Living in Utah we are definitely accustomed to some amazing temples, but The Finnish Temple really takes the cake. The prettiest one I've ever been to. I just want to keep going every day. It really just made me so happy and grateful for this amazing Gospel and that we have the opportunity to go to temples like that. 

Well after a week of amazing learning and growth, it was time to come back home and get back to normal missionary work.

We met some really cool people this week. We found two new investigators and we are actively searching for more people to bring to the Gospel. Christmas is the most perfect time to be doing missionary work because when you tell people you have a gift for them and you whip out a wrapped Mormonin Kirja (Book of Mormon) nobody questions it and takes your loving Christmas gesture. Needless to say, the work is moving forward during the wonderful Christmas season.

THANK YOU ALL for all of your love and support. It really means so much to have so many people supporting me throughout my mission and especially this holiday season. Don't forget the real reason we celebrate this magical holiday. Watch the new video the church released called, "Vapahtaja on Syntynyt" or if you speak English, "A Savior is Born". It's really an amazing video that embodies every reason why we celebrate this holiday!

I love you all! Have a Merry Christmas! 

Love,
Sister Jones
So at interim we got a Finnish companion for a couple of days. Her visa got delayed so she's now serving in Finland! Super cool to be in a trio for three days :) And don't tell me this temple isn't amazing, even in the dark
s

No comments:

Post a Comment