The Week I Started Learning French




Monday, December 14, 2015

Minä olen Suomalainen!‏

Moi! Greetings from the land of Santa Claus! With getting ready for Christmas, everything is just picking up speed! The work is moving forward and its amazing!

This week was an interesting one for sure. We weren't able to teach our investigator who was supposed to be getting baptized this week, so yesterday when we finally got in contact with her, she told us she isn't in a place where she can deal with church anymore. Her personal life is really complicated and she's had super hard experiences. So needless to say, she dropped us, six days before her baptism. She's still super amazing and we are constantly praying she'll see the importance and how the Gospel will help her with her life.

We also met with Z. He's the Muslim that we had also set a baptismal date with. We came to the conclusion that he really needs more time to come to the truthfulness of this message before he gets baptized. So we postponed his date to sometime later in January or February. So that's kind-of a bummer.

Either way all is well! Sister Wunderli and I had a great week with a lot of contacting and giving away a lot of Book of Mormons and showing people the new Christmas video. I highly recommend watching it! 

In the midst of all this kind-of bumming stuff, Sister Wunderli and I tried to just have fun and not stress. So obviously when you want to have fun and not stress you let your companion cut your hair. (No worries Mom, I cut HER hair) So yeah, this week I put my experience of cutting my grandpa's hair once when I was 12 to good use. AND GUESS WHAT? It actually looks good! Ha what a blessing that I didn't wreck her hair. Ha 

We also celebrated my one month in Finland mark! We celebrated by going to this super sketchy Chinese Restaurant that we live right above. It kinda was hard to order because well, its all in Finnish and we didn't really understand much of it. Luckily I knew what roasted/fried was so we could get fried rice but other than that we pretty much just had to guess. ha 

We also got Kebab this week. It was just a hard week so we ate out wayyy more than we should have. But KEBAB is amazing! It's the best. Its like some weird meat that they just shave off and put on your plate with rice. Super good. I highly recommend it if you are somewhere where its available.

We had Mission Conference this week! It was amazing! We got together with two of our zones and we were taught by Elder Dyches of the Area Presidency of the Seventy. He was so cool and he helped us learn so much. We definitely took a lot from that conference that we are implementing into our daily missionary efforts.

This week was also really cool for me. I was just walking on the street talking to people like normal, and we were talking with this guy and he asked me, "Oletko Suomalainen?" (Are you a Finn?) Gah! He thought I was a native Finn! I pretty much was so excited and had a heart attack! I'm Finnish and I love being here serving my mission! 

It was a challenging week that's for sure, but it was also a great one! I'm headed to Interim tonight, where the Greenie's all go to the mission home and spend four days there just learning and being taught by President Watson. Its going to be fantastic to be with everyone again!

Thank you all for your love and support! Sorry this was a long email but it was just a great week! I love you and miss you all! 

Love,
Sisar Jones
 
Me, Sister Wunderli, Sister Adams, and Sister Jordan (Red head who's Sister Adams trainer)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment