(Hey Everybody! Oops this was supposed to go out last week... Didn't press "Send"... Oops!)
So this week was quite the week! Sisar Wunderli and I had such a good week! We did a lot of Metro/Street contacting and had quite a lot of success. We met a lot of people who were pretty interested (okay, interested for Finns), and we handed out a bunch of Book Of Mormons!
We taught quite a few lessons. One was to a Jamaican man. He's SUPER SUPERSTITIOUS and it was pretty funny. I had to call him and talk to him on the phone first before I was allowed to come over and teach him. He LOVED the Joseph Smith/Restoration lesson sooo much but he doesn't think he needs to pray about it because if its true, he'll be interested in it.. We're working on him. Ha! He's really cool though.
We committed "Z" (the Muslim we met a few weeks ago) to a baptismal date! YAY! And guess who was the one to ask him... ME! Ha I know this is common missionary stuff but when you're a newbie its really super exciting when they accept. I guess it is throughout you're whole mission but I'm only two weeks in sooo I don't quite know that yet, so hopefully everything works out and he gets baptized!
Sunday was really interesting. We were doing our usual metro contacts and we sat across from this Finnish man. We start out by introducing ourselves and that we have a cool video for him to watch. He then starts talking in English to us about how he "knows" that there isn't a God or Jesus Christ. Now I've met a lot of Atheists on my mission so far and none of them have been flat-out like that. So when he said that, my heart just sank and the spirit left immediately. My heart broke for him. He tried to kick us out of his little booth thing, but we stayed. Ha
Talking with him and all of the other Atheists that I've met made me realize something... The message of the Restored Gospel is everything. Without it we have nothing. This message is soo true its ridiculous. God is soo good and he loves all of his children so much that one day, that man on the metro, he'll be able to have a fair chance to accept this Gospel or not. Its really just opened my mind to how important this message is.
All is well in Finland! Sisar Wunderli and I are gearing up for another super busy week this week! Fun fact about Finland: currently the sun rises at 8 am, the sun sets at 3 pm and we still have a month until the shortest day of the year! Sweet. AND IT'S SNOWING! A Finnish Christmas is definitely upon us!
I'm super grateful to be here and I love this country and these people so much! I miss you all and love you!
Love,
Sisar Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment