The Week I Started Learning French




Monday, February 6, 2017

The Beginning of the End

I'm back in Helsinki everyone! YAYY! Seriously it feels just so good to be back here! I love it! Seriously Helsinki is my home and I'm sooo glad to be back here! 

It was heartbreaking to say goodbye to Sister Adams and my beloved Tampere, but I'm excited for this new adventure! 

Before I left Tampere though, some members had us over for a traditional Filipino Dinner.. Now I'm talking legit traditional. Coolest meal I've ever eaten. They got Banana leaves and laid them all over the table, to be a serving platter, a table cloth, and our plates. YEP! Then they arranged the food super pretty all over the table and then we ate, with our hands and NO plates! It was probably the coolest thing I've ever done. I recommend it to everyone! ha Sooo cool!

After Dinner we had a lesson with one of our recent converts. That was one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever been in. We all bore VERY powerful testimony of our Savior and it was a really really amazing lesson. 

Tuesday morning I was off to Helsinki! I got to see a lot of my Elders from my MTC group for the last time on my way down here, and that was SUCH a blessing. Those Elders changed my life and I'll be eternally grateful for them. It was probably the best thing that could have happened.

I then got to Helsinki and I was right back in it. I was on the Metro again, walking the streets, and just feeling at home. It was really cool to see how quickly Helsinki life came back. We've been able to teach a couple of lessons and so far we've found 2 new investigators! YAY! 

I loved going to church on Sunday. I got to see soo many of my friends that I've made throughout my mission and I feel like I already know like half the ward! Its great! I love it!

I'm so excited to be back in Helsinki. Sister Kehr is a great missionary! Its fun to work with her because she's in almost the exact same area I was in last year and she's at the exact spot I was at a year ago, so that's been really fun to experience so far! 

I love you all! Thank you so much for all the support! I've got 2 months left and I'm determined to make them the best 2 months of my mission!

Love,
Sister Jones
 

Me and Sister Adams at our DA

Us and our recent convert

Sisar Waltzer, eli the greatest member ever!

Me and Sister Kehr
 

No comments:

Post a Comment