Okay I just love being back here in Helsinki. The city life is just so familiar and so comforting. I love it so much! Its been so much fun because everyday I keep running into people that know and it really is just such a sweet blessing to be able to continue these relationships after I haven't seen these people in 6 months :) So sweet!
We've been able to meet with a couple of new people so far this week and its been really cool. We were meeting with this man for the first time and he asked us how often we read the Book of Mormon. We told him daily, and then he was so excited because he too reads the Book of Mormon daily.. Ha he has a 30 minutes train ride to work everyday, so he decided he would read the Book of Mormon during that time :) YEP! Soooo cool! And he came to church yesterday so that was pretty much awesome. Ha.
Sister Kehr is such a great companion. She's a convert of 18 months and she really has such a strong testimony. Its really cool being companions with a convert because they give you a new perspective of investigators since they were one, very recently in her case. Its been really cool.
We had a Zone Conference this week where they talked about the new schedule for missionaries... Eli, we now can go to bed at 9:30 and have 3 extra hours of P-day. It was pretty nice. I am enjoying the extra sleep since I'm practically worn out.. Ha BUT I still love the work, so that helps :)
This week I've really been thinking about the change of a missionary, or really just the change that the gospel brings into peoples lives. I've studied stories such as Paul (New Testament), Amulek, King Lamoni, Lamoni's father, Alma and Alma the Younger.. I've loved seeing their examples and the attributes they acquired and how they truly changed because of this gospel. Its given me some qualities to hope that I've developed over the past 17 months and some to continue to develope over the next 50 days. I'm so grateful for all that I've learned and just how far I've come.
I love you all so much.
Love,
Sister Jones
| Some of us Sisters at Zone Conference |
| When your District Leader is 50 minutes late for callings and you're just wanting to go to bed.. |
No comments:
Post a Comment