I am so sad that I won't be here in Kuopio any longer. Even though I was only here for one transfer I have grown to love this place with all my heart! It is truly such an amazingly adorable little town and I can't wait to come back and visit :)
But this week on top of transfers was so crazy! On Wednesday, we were off to Mikkeli for a Zone Meeting. It was so much fun! My district and I got there like two hours early so we went to the Mikkeli Lutheran Church and got a tour by one of the Priests that works there! THAT WAS COOL! One of the coolest things about Finland and I guess Europe in general, is the amazing old churches they have. So we walked around for a while there and I took a few pictures.
We then had our zone meeting and President Watson was there. He ended up extending the meeting an hour because he wanted to talk with us and none of us had trains leaving for a couple of hours. So that was a way fun experience to have. It's always so great to hear from the President.
We went to Varkaus this weekend and we went contacting in the Center. Now in Varkaus, there is like nooooo body. But we did find five people and we handed out a Book of Mormon, which is probably the first book that has been passed out there in like ten years since they pulled missionaries. So that was cool! And it was so fun to be serving in a place where my Dad served 30 years before!
Yesterday we had our last church meeting here in Kuopio, which was heartbreaking! The members here are so fantastic! Luckily some of them promised to show me a savu sauna (smoke sauna) when I come back :) I'm excited! Ha
Also, yesterday this lady we have been serving had us over for dinner with her and her family. It was such a fantastic time. We've grown to love them all sooo much and it was so heartbreaking to say goodbye. They have all changed so much and we have been blessed to become part of their family. The kids refer to me as Sister Jones-täti (Aunt Sister Jones) :) Seriously, it's adorable. I love them sooo much!
Now Sister Bradbury and I are in full panic-packing mode! It's going to be a crazy next couple of days with all the meetings that we have going on. But I'm excited to start this new adventure and even thought I feel completely inadequate, I know that the Lord qualifies those he calls... So here's to the craziest adventure so far!
I love you all! Thank you for all your support!
Love,
Sister Jones
![]() |
| Me and Sister Adams! Our first picture together since the MTC! |
![]() |
| Me and my District.. It took a while to get a good picture.. haha |
![]() |
| The INSANE moon yesterday :) |
![]() |
| Me and my Munkki in Varkaus ha |
![]() |
| Varkaus Center |
![]() |
| A cool stair case by our house.. |
![]() |
| Me being Elder Hyer.. He took the same picture by our house.. ha |
![]() |
| The church in Mikkeli |









No comments:
Post a Comment