The Week I Started Learning French




Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I'm Officially Past My One Year Mark!‏

So everybody, can you believe it?! I've already been out for over a year now! It seems like yesterday that I was screaming at my Dad in the car telling him to turn around and that I was not going to the MTC (this all happened as he was pulling into the MTC parking lot). It blows my mind to think about how much I've changed and grown in the past year! It's remarkable! 

I've thought so much about the past year and I've had such a reflective week. I don't know, realizing that I've been gone for a whole year just really hit home this week. It's been kinda trippy. I'm so insanely grateful for the past year and how I've grown and changed. My relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown in ways that I could have never imagined and I just feel so much better about everything. 

This past year has definitely had its fair share of challenges, but it's definitely been worth it. What a crazy year... Literally it's been a year.. SOO insane. That's for sure.. ha

But enough of the mushy stuff... 

This past week was actually pretty uneventful.. ha

We sang in church this week and let me tell you... it was the best musical number the Church has ever seen. Now I'm not just saying that because I sang, (ha) but because it was truly such a powerful number. We sang Uskon Kristukseen eli (I Believe in Christ). It was sooo amazing! This lady in our ward is like insanely talented with music and such so we came up with the coolest arrangement. It started with her playing the violin and accompanying us on the first verse with the violin. Then we sang the first half of the second verse acapella while she put her violin down and switched to the piano. Then she slowly brought the piano in. Third verse, I soloed the first half and Sister Bradbury the second. Then the fourth and final verse we sang in unison. Tears were shed. We made the Finns who refuse to shed tears, shed actual real life tears. We win. 

But really it was a stunning piece and we had such a great time planning it and such! So it was a huge success :)

Other than that nothing really happened.. Ha this week is the last week before transfers again, so it's bound to be a miracle week! Katsotaan!

I love you all! I miss you! Have the bestest week!!
Love,
Sister Jones

Also no pictures this week.. I'm lame. Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment