The Week I Started Learning French




Sunday, September 11, 2016

Terveisiä Oulusta!‏

Hei everybody! What a great week here in Finland! Fall has officially sprung with tights, scarfs, and coats in full swing over here! Yayyy! Its an absolutely stunning time to be in Finland! I'm soo lucky :)

So this week was really exciting! We had splits with the sisters, and we got to go up to Oulu! So Wednesday afternoon we took the 5 hour journey up north! We had such a fun day filled with soo many activites! Also I GOT TO RIDE MY FIRST BIKE ON MY MISSION! It was weird, and I'm not a fan. ha It was way fun though. I was riding one of the Elder's bikes and he's a lot taller than me, so it was quite the adventure and I've got the ugliest bruise to prove it. ha

We got to do service up there for this sweet old man! We got to mow his lawn and plant some flowers and prune his trees! He reminded me so much of my Grandpa that it melted my little heart! It was so much fun! 

I was able to learn so much from the Sister Training Leaders! It really was just such an amazing relaxing and exciting day!

This week was also exciting because VESA GOT BAPTIZED! Okay, so here's the deal. Vesa, is the Elder's investigator/recent convert, and he's just become one of our best friends! We have been so excited to watch him progress in the Gospel and it's awesome! He got baptized this past Saturday! It has been so amazing to watch how the Lord guides and directs our lives. He was truly one prepared soul! 

He was so excited about his baptism that he told us that we better send pictures home and tell all about him because he wants everyone else to know all about him and his conversion and how happy he is! Since we have his permission, we can actually talk about him! HE'S PERFECT! 

I love you all sooo much! Thank you for your support and love! 

Love,
Sister Jones

 
Fall in Finland

Fall in Finland
Don't mind our awkard lighted faces, but right before Vesa was baptized!
Right after the Baptism!
 
Me trying to mow the lawn
 
#Helmets4Lyfe
 
The Sister Training Leaders up in Oulu by the waterrrr

Me holding a slighting dead but not dead hedgehog... #HelmetHair


No comments:

Post a Comment