This was such an insane week here in Marjaniemi! We had some pretty funny experiences so lets begin!
This week, it suddenly became freezing again. Okay, not freezing but like 50 degrees all week. It's cold and has been super rainy. One day we had to run to the store to grab some things for our apartment. So we walk out of Prisma (which is like a 10 minute walk from our house), and well, its POURING rain. Not like just kinda pouring, ACTUALLY POURING. And we didn't have anything to keep us dry. So we thought huh, maybe it won't be too bad if we just walk home, we can't get THAT wet in 10 minutes.
WRONG. WRONG, and WRONG.
We got completely soaked. Completely. Everything was wet. My make up was half off my face, my hair was wrecked and it was insane. Absolutely insane. We had to get ready and it was NOT a good use of time. Moral if the story is, you WILL get wet if you have to walk outside for 10 minutes, so ALWAYS bring your umbrella. Yep. Learned it.
This week is also sooo exciting because I TURN 9 MONTHS OLD!!!! I can't believe I'm almost half way done with my mission! I don't hit my half way mark until the 19th because I got extended three weeks, so I'm not quite there :) Ha
I've been thinking back on the past nine months this past week, and WOW, I am sooo grateful for EVERYTHING that has happened and how I've changed and grown since then. Everyone knows that a mission was NEVER, EVER, EVER the plan I had for my self, but luckily God knows sooo much better than me and he sent me out here! It has been such a blessing to come and serve the people of Finland! I love my mission sooo much and I can't wait to see what the next nine months have in store for me!
I love you all! Have the best week!
Love,
Sister Jones
| Aftermath of a good rain storm Sisar Andersson and Sisar Jones |
No comments:
Post a Comment