The Week I Started Learning French




Saturday, May 7, 2016

Kiitos Niin Paljon!‏

First off, I wanted to thank you all so much for the wonderful birthday wishes! Y'all are so great! 

What a fun birthday week! It started off quite interesting! So I'm not sure how many of you know, but I've always had some really extreme knee pain. It hasn't bothered me too much before my mission, but since I've been out, its really been hard. So this week I FINALLY went to a knee specialist. And well he told me that my knees are actually messed up. He told me that the cartilage between my patella and femur is uneven which causes grinding every time I take a step. Yep. That's a thing. Soo that's the best news you can receive as a missionary who walks 6 miles a day...

So the week stared really great. On Friday, it was my last day as a teenager so obviously I needed to do something CRAZY. Now I'm a missionary and I follow the rules. So we thought we would go and TOUCH the ocean. Now we can't swim, so we didn't, but there aren't any rules against touching the ocean. So that's what we did. Super crazy I know. So fun. Ha

Then SATURDAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY! Saturday was great! In Finland its actually a national holiday so there were balloons everywhere and it was a great celebration! Okay actually everyone was completely wasted and it wasn't safe for us to be outside so we were inside all night.. Ha still wayy fun though! And the balloon thing is totally real.

Even though I didn't want to turn 20 ( I considered moving my birthday to September) I'm so grateful I was able to do it here in Finland. I'm so grateful that I chose to come out here and to serve my Heavenly Father. With all that has happened over the past 8 months, I'm grateful more than ever that I have this chance to learn and grow closer to my Heavenly Father! 

I love you all sooo much! Thank you for all that you do! Thank you again for the wonderful birthday wishes! 

Love,
Sister Jones
Me and Sister Crofts STANDING in the water

Me and my birthday balloons

No comments:

Post a Comment