The Week I Started Learning French




Tuesday, May 17, 2016

And then transfer calls came...‏


This week was super exciting! We got change calls this week and... I'm staying in Marjaniemi for another transfer! Its official, I am spending half of my mission in Marjaniemi! I love this ward so it's awesome that I'm getting to spend so much time here.

My new companion is Sister Andersson, AND SHE'S A FINN!! I'm sooo excited to have a Finnish companion. She's the only Finn sister in the mission right now, so Its really going to be so much fun to serve with her. Hopefully, I'll actually be able to learn Finnish. Ha!

This week was so insanely busy. First off, we had Zone Conference and that was such a blast! It was so fun to see everyone in the Zone again before we got all moved around this week.

We also had Stake Conference here in the Helsinki Stake. We had Elder Joaquim Moreiro of the Seventy come and speak to us. Wow, what an amazing speaker he was. He gave great talks in both sessions we were able to attend. He talked a lot about being focused and really making the best out of bad situations. He really spoke to the missionary who's companion is going home in three days and it has made her miss home a little more than normal... It was a REALLY good stake conference!

It was also sooo fun because we got to see the whole Zone again (since that is our whole stake) and we got to figure out everyone's change calls. It turns out that my prior companion, Sister Wunderli, is training again. That means I'm getting a "sister"! Ha!

It has been weird with this being Sister Croft's last week, but wow - she's such an amazingly focused missionary who really has served a great mission until the very end! I'm really grateful for the past nine weeks that I've had with her! She's been such a great example to me. 

I'm really excited to see what these next nine weeks hold for me here! Marjaniemi holds a really special place in my heart and I'm stoked to spend eight months here!
I love you all!
Have the best week!
Love,
Sister Jones


My cute little Marjaniemi sign :)




                          
   
    




1 comment: