This week has been one of the craziest weeks I've ever experienced but it was so great!
So on Wednesday we show up to District meeting and we are just standing there talking with the Elders when all of the sudden President Watson walks out of a closet and says "Are we still good to talk after the meeting?". Well it's quite apparent that he thought he had texted us about interviews, but he didn't.. Awkward.. Luckily it worked out, but we didn't get home from District Meeting until like 3:00 when we should have gotten home at 1:00. Bless. Ha
So for General Conference we had two options of places to go. We could either go to Haaga with the rest of the Zone or stay in Marjaniemi with our ward. The six of us missionaries in our ward, decided to stay in Marjaniemi because it's closer. We then figured out on Friday that the Elders were planning on going to Haaga anyway. So we ended up on a wild chase to go tell our investigator who was planning on coming about the change in venue. She wasn't home so we gave her mom a sticky note kinda explaining what was going down.
Now our investigator is like 25 and a college student. We didn't expect in the SLIGHTEST that she would come to General Conference. "Oh ye of little faith" right? We were so excited and COMPLETELY SHOCKED when she actually came! Yay! It was sooooo cool! And she came to the Sunday Morning Session so that was just the most perfect one for her to come to!
Really though, General Conference in all was amazing! I still haven't seen the Sunday Afternoon session because of the time difference so no spoilers pleaseeee. It was such a wonderful conference that provided answers to so many questions that I went in with. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the chance we have to hear from living prophets and apostles. We really live in such a wonderful time. I love it!
Thank you all for everything you do! You're really truly the best! I am so grateful for all the support you give me. I really wish I could explain just how much it means to me!
Love,


No comments:
Post a Comment