The Week I Started Learning French




Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Things you Hear in Finland‏

So this week was quite an interesting one, that's for sure. I GOT SICK AGAIN. Luckily not NEARLY as bad as last time and I only had to spend 2 days in the house. I also heard that Sister Wunderli is sick again as well, so trainer/trainee unity is still going strong. Ha

But this week I wanted to do something different with my email. This week we had an unusual amount of weird responses when we stopped people on the street. I will list a few of my favorites.

"My Ex-Husband was a Mormon"

"My Boss was a Mormon"

"I'm a Communist"

"I'm a Communist"

(Yes we found two communists in one day.)

And the best one of them all...

"Ya'll are Mormons right?"
"Yes, we are"
"You don't drink alcohol right?"
"Right"
"See I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. Why don't you live with the boy missionaries?"

Yes everyone, someone asked us why we don't live with the Elders. Now this one was quite interesting which sparked a conversation between me and Sister Crofts about why we don't live with Elders. We came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be good to live with them, and we are SOOO grateful we don't. Yep. We actually talked about it. We're too cool.

So as you are definitely able to see, it was quite an interesting week. Super awesome, but interesting. 

I love you all! The work is moving forward here and its so great to see this area grow in the past 5 months! I HIT MY 7 MONTH MARK this past week. How crazy! It blows my mind but I love it! 
 
I love my mission! Thank you all for your support! 

Love,
Sister Jones

(Okay next week I PROMISE I'll send pictures..)

No comments:

Post a Comment