The Week I Started Learning French




Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Different Kind of Week


Moi!

How is everyone doing? This week was definitely an adventure! On Sunday Sisar Adams and I were put in as Sister Training Leaders! We are officially the "oldest" sisters in our branch! Granted our branch consists of us Finns and the Hungarians who leave on Monday... so it definitely wasn't a surprise to be assigned as STL but either way we are so excited!

Saturday was a really great day for my Finnish. So granted I've been struggling with speaking in our lessons but I had this really strong prompting to say something to our investigator, Renee. I had no idea how to say it because I just don't have the vocabulary yet. So I tried my hardest to piece some words I knew to hopefully get my point across and I think I did it. Sisar Adams told me I said it really well and that it actually fit what we were talking about. I was pretty excited.

So Monday, like many of you, we were able to watch Elder Scott's Funeral. Granted I was excited because my brain was hurting from Finnish and I was excited to get a break, but it ended up being the coolest thing ever! I never thought you could learn so much from a funeral. I loved it. And let's just talk about how Elder Holland gave the opening prayer. Umm seriously it was amazing. Ha

On Tuesday we had Elder Claudio R. M. Costa of the Seventy come and talk to us as a MTC. Can I tell you something? That was the most AMAZING devotional I have ever been to. He was so kind and loving and sweet. He said with his broken English "I don't got faith, I got knowledge, and that's so much more powerful." It was definitely the sweetest thing I've ever heard! His whole talk revolved around missionary work, as many of the devotionals do, but again I highly recommend anyone who can to watch that devotional! And at the end he said he wanted to give us all a big hug but it would take too long so he stretched out his arms from the pulpit and hugged us all at once. The sweetest thing ever. 

So our district plays this game called Spikeball every day during gym hour. So lets be honest here, we all know that I am definitely not into sports. That's just general knowledge. But I AM SO GOOD AT SPIKEBALL. Its unreal how good I am. I should probably be more humble about it all, but I'm just too good to be humble. Ha! Just kidding I'm not THAT good but I'm still pretty awesome at it.

But anyway, THANK YOU ALL for all your love an support! I'm having a lot of fun out here and I can't wait to be in Finland in 5 and a half weeks! Yay!

Love you all!

Love,
Sisar Jones

All the Finns at the Temple


Sisar Adams and I at the Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment