The Week I Started Learning French




Thursday, October 15, 2015

 


Terve!


So five weeks down here in Provo Utah! Only four more until I'm headed off to Finland! November 9th can't come soon enough! I'm so excited to get to Finland!

So this week Sisar Adams and I were kept very busy. Between doing all of our normal lessons and such we also had a lot of work to do with our new Hungarians. So honestly it was a pretty standard week with a lot of clerical work. Ha

So one thing that's really hard about being in the MTC is seeing all your friends come and go. This week it was Sister Gunderson's turn to head to Russia! Ha Its been so nice to have her around with this whole huge adjustment of a mission thing so it was sad to see her head off but she's going to be doing amazing things in Russia! And who knows maybe I'll see her on one of her visa trips to Finland! 

So this past Friday we, the whole Finnish District, decided we would have a Language Fast where we spoke only Finnish all day. We started off super well and surprisingly our Finnish was a 100 times better than we thought it would be, but slowly English crept in and we ended the day on a completely English note. But tomorrow is another Fast day so we'll definitely do better this week.

Sunday we hit our 5th Sunday, meaning that we have to give sacrament talks in our mission language. The curse/blessing of the MTC is that they don't tell you who is giving talks until you are being called up. Everyone thought I would be the one to give a talk since Sisar Adams was teaching in Relief Society BUT Sisar Adams ended up being called on to speak. I'm probably going to be speaking on Sunday so fingers crossed they call two Elders! Ha just kidding.. Kinda..

On a cool note, our investigator is getting baptized! Ha Her name is Kariina! She's really cool. We like to tease her that her "Best Friend" is on a mission in Calif so needless to say, she's really cool and we're chill. Ha

So officially I don't speak English or Finnish anymore. I spelled "yet" like "jet" the other day.. If you know Finnish the J make the Y sound. So that's cool. Ha. Bless my heart. 

Other than that its been a standard week of class and teaching. I love it here and I'm so grateful to be out here serving a mission! Thank you all for your prayers, love and support! I love you all! And I miss you!



Love,

Sisar Jones

Sisar Adams' Mom made Pulla and sent it to us all! Yay for Finnish treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment