Well week two here in good ole Provo. What a week. Here's all that went down.
So Thursday right after I sent my last email I had to go get a flu shot. Now if you know me at all you will know just how much I detest shots. So luckily when I was in the clinic they had a little bear that I got to hold while I got my shot. Missions really do bless us because I DIDN"T CRY! ha I was so proud of myself. So Friday I woke up so sick. So I'm 90% sure I got some form of the flu from my flu shot. So this entire week has been one of not being able to talk.. I'm feeling great now, but I still sound like I smoke 30 packs a day.. Ha
So for our district service we are in charge of setting up for devotionals. I specifically have the job of vacuuming the rugs. So I did my job like a good little missionary and I pulled the plug out of the wall and well, the little prong things stayed in the wall.. So well thats cool. I broke the MTC. Ha BLESS.
So on Sunday we had Lloyd K. Newell come and give a devotional. It was called MTC & The Spoken Word. Ha it was so good! I highly recommend going and watching it if you can. He was such a cool speaker and had some amazing insights.
We finished teaching our first investigator, Anna, and she was really great. Her real name is Rachel Egan and she's the coolest teacher we've had. Sadly thought she had to quit so she isn't our teacher any more. I really connected with the way that she taught. So I was bummed to see her go.
On Tuesday We had Craig Cardon of the Seventy come and talk to us. His talk was extremely deep and hard to understand, but he told us this really cool thing that Elder Scott told him. "God speaks to us with a still small voice, so when we have strong opinions it makes it harder for the spirit to teach us". Granted strong opinions are good but we can't be too strong as to block out the spirit. That was pretty much all I understood from his devotional.
So its been a pretty uneventful week here in Provo, mainly because I sit in a classroom for 12 hours a day.. But my Finnish is coming along really well. I'm understanding most of what people are saying so now I just need to be braver and just speak. Its only week two so I'm feeling pretty good about everything.
So my companion got 24 Dear Elders in one day sooo step up your game everyone. Ha just kidding! Anyways I love you all and miss you like crazy. I'm doing well and I love hearing from you all each week. I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Moika!

No comments:
Post a Comment