The Week I Started Learning French




Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Talvi Tuli!!!

YAYYY!!! WINTER HAS COME!! There is snow on the ground and we are averaging about -6 to -9 degrees during they day! It's here! ITS MAGICAL! YAY! I love winter more than anything so this is exceptionally amazing! Haha

This week was another busy week here in Tampere. We traveled up north to Vaasa this past week! I finally got to the place that my trainer always talked about! And let me tell you, VAASA IS AMAZING. It was the coolest thing ever! There were moments that I felt like I was in training again because like half of our contacts were in Swedish and I don't speak that. At all. I was soo impressed when Sister Parker whips out "Vi är fron Jesu Kristi Kyrka af Sista Dagars Heliga. Vi pratar om Kristus, will du lära dig mer?" Yep. On the bright side, I learned how to contact in Swedish! Now I just need to find a Swede and try it out! Ha Its insane. 

We also had Stake Conference these past couple of days. It has been so fun to hear from our leaders and be able to learn from them. It was also really weird because this is my third Stake Conference on my mission but it was my first one away from Helsinki. We heard from President and Sister Watson which is always amazing! I love Sister Watson's talks because I feel like I always learn the most from her. Her talks always speak to me.

The one she gave yesterday was about anchoring ourselves to Christ. Always so good. It was a really amazing talk and along with all of my personal studies lately it fit really well into it. 

We are heading down to Helsinki tonight for MLC (Mission Leaders Conference) tomorrow. It should be a great meeting :) 

I love you all so much! Thank you for all your support and love!
Love,
Sister Jones

* Hot chocolate from Mommy and Pulla (sweet bread) from a member :)

* Talvi (Winter) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment