So yes! This as probably the most insane week ever! Last Monday we went to Helsinki for MLC. We were there all Tuesday and we got to go the temple again :) It was so great!
We had to get up at 3:45 on Wednesday because President needed to catch a flight which left at 6, so we all had to be out of the Mission Home by 5.. So we get up at 3:45, leave the Mission Home at 5, catch a train at 6, get back in Tampere at 8, get home at 9, then we have apartment inspections, and we then leave to Zone Meeting at 10:15 so we can get everything set up. Our meeting starts at 11, and its my first Zone Meeting as an STL, and President gave us 1 day to learn our Role Play that Sister Clark and I have to demonstrate for the whole Zone.. And I'm like already freaking out because its just like my first one and its scary.. But I guess it worked out well and people couldn't even tell that I was freaking out.So we get home and we have studies. We then have to go to the train station because we were leaving to Lahti for exchanges. Well the buses were a half hour late, and the other Sisters couldn't pick up Sister DuPaix so we ended up missing our train to Lahti.. With the stress of no sleep and missing our train setting in, we took a little break to breathe ansd figure out our new game plan.. It ended being okay and we got on a later train to Lahti that night.
We had exchanged in Lahti on Thursday and it was probably the coolest exchanges I've ever been on. First off, I got to be companions with Sister Thayne! We've dreamed of being companions since my first District Meeting 1 year ago. She's been my mission role model and I was soo grateful to get to spend exchanges with her!
I also had the chance to go on a lesson with a member who is a really great family friend. She knows my Dad from his mission and it was so cool to talk with her and see how much of an impact my Dad has made in her life. I really hope that in 30 years when one of my kids comes to Finland on a mission that I will have left an impact on the members here, just like my Dad..
We got back Friday morning, had Weekly Planning, and went to the train station again, this time to pick up the Jyväskylä Sisters to come to our area for exchanges. Those were a blast as well because I got to be companions with Sister Bradbury again! It was so fun to think back on our Kuopio days and be right back at it. Such a blast! They left Saturday night.
Today's been insane because one of the other Tampere Sisters has been sick, so we've been going back and forth between their house to make sure that everything has been taken care of. Its insane.
Despite all the hecticness of this week, it was a great week! Such a fun exciting week!
Despite all the hecticness of this week, it was a great week! Such a fun exciting week!
I love you all so much! Thank you for all the support!
Love,
Sister Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment