The Week I Started Learning French




Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Priesthood is Amazing‏

Moi! This week has been a really great week! We are still teaching lessons which is so, sooo good! It's been a long time coming in this area so it's fantastic to finally see it starting to pick up!

We taught the sweetest lady who let us in tracting about 2 months ago (still the only lady to let us in while tracting), but either way, she's the cutest! She reminds me a lot of my mom so it's really fun to go and talk with her. We read with her from the Book of Mormon, which terrifies me because I don't read Finnish very well yet (I'm working really hard on that though). BUT I did it! I read in front of a native Finn and I didn't totally slaughter the language, YAYY!

This week has been really interesting. Sister Wunderli and I have really been doing great! Our numbers are all still going up and we are really doing so well. But, something has been really missing and neither of us really knew what it was. After much conversation and deliberation, we decided to ask the Zone Leaders for a blessing. Man, the Priesthood is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. 

We asked them but they were on splits yesterday with the other Elders in our District, so we were going to have to wait until today. Let me tell you, just the knowledge of being able to get a blessing was what got us through the day yesterday. We still had amazing lessons and talked to some really cool people, but for some reason that was the only thing that got us through. 

So today (actually just about a half hour ago), the Zone Leaders took time out of their insanely busy P-Day to come give us blessings. This was probably one of the most amazing blessings I've ever received. It was 100% what I needed to hear and it showed me just how much my Father in Heaven really loves and cares about me. He knows me perfectly. He wants to help me whenever I need it. Even though everything isn't 100% resolved, I feel like I have so much more guidance and clarity because of this blessing. 

So I guess that's how I'll close today. The Priesthood is the most amazing thing and the power and strength it brings is so real. I'm so grateful to be here as a missionary serving the Lord. I'm so grateful that I am surrounded by Elders who hold the Priesthood and are worthy to use it. I'm really grateful for the challenges that God has put in my life that are here to make me stronger and a better missionary. I'm really so incredibly grateful for all the wonderful examples in my life of worthy priesthood holders, and a mom who ALWAYS suggests that I get a blessing when I'm struggling. 

Despite the challenges and difficulties, it has really been such an amazing week, full of love from my Heavenly Father!

I love you all so much and I miss you! 

Love,
Sister Jones
 
 

My District :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment