So if you know my obsession with my hair, you'll know that there are very few people who are allowed to touch my hair since I'm scared of getting a bad hair cut. Now every single one of those people, besides myself, lives in Utah. I'm 5,000 miles away. It wasn't going to work. So I went into this salon that I thought looked trustworthy. I talked to the guy who was going to do it, and well, he doesn't speak ANY English. None. None at all. So there's our first problem. Second problem, I don't know hair terms in Finnish. So that's also an issue. But I went for it anyway. I told five centimeters off of the length and just "Kaikki Blondi", or "All Blonde". So that's what happened. It actually ended up looking really good and I really like it. So yayyy for me taking a risk and just doing it! Ha
It was still a good week with missionary work as well. We've been trying to get new investigators since our current ones haven't been really progressing nor really meeting with us. So this was a week of finding. We tracted, contacted, called everyone in the area book that we were supposed to and well, nothing happened. No new investigators. It was kinda hard because we had made a goal to get 4 new ones and we didn't get a single one. BUT this week is going to be great! All of our hard work is paying off with teaching new people everyday this week! We're excited to see where this all goes!
Its been a pretty standard week in Itäkeskus. I actually have been pretty sick the past couple of days so its been kinda hard just staying in. I luckily get to sleep, but Sister Wunderli has to keep herself occupied all day. She's a champ.
This Friday will be my first change call! Gah! I can't believe that I'm already done with my first transfer in Finland! I have seven transfers left and I don't know what I'm going to do if they all fly by like this one has! Its crazy to think that I hit four months this week! Times flies for sure!
I love you all and thank you for all your support and encouragement! I miss you!
Love,
Sister Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment