The Week I Started Learning French




Tuesday, July 12, 2016

And then I found out I was part of the CIA..‏

Hey Everyone! This week was so great! So many stories soo lets begin!

So first off, it was kinda a heartbreaking week. Our investigator, who was supposed to be getting baptized this Saturday, was talking to his parents about it (who are SUPER Lutheran) and they were very against him joining another church. So sadly, there won't be a baptism this Saturday. Luckily though he still really wants to get baptized and so we are working out a way to get his parents more on board so he will be able to have the family support he really needs. Soo yeah I definitely had heartbreak ice cream (Sister Crofts told me all about that) and just was sad for like an hour. So yeah. I'll include those pictures. They're great. Ha

Another fun story that happened this week was that we were at a recent converts house and he was on some weird new app where you can just start video chatting with people and you can swipe them away if you don't want to talk. I don't know what its called or anything BUT it was super funny! He was adamant that we tried it out for a second so we decided to make it a proselyting activity. So every person that would pop up, we start contacting them asking if they wanted to learn more about our church. Most of the people that were on it were people from Iraq, Spain, France, and Italy, BUT THEN A FINN CAME UP! So obviously we got to use our Finnish and we talked to this guy for like 5 minutes telling him about the church! It was soo much fun! He wasn't super interested but we were able to tell him about the gospel for the first time! It was one of the coolest things ever!

Also this week! We were at church and this American family walks in. We start talking to them and we find out that he served here around the same time as my Dad! So he asked who my dad is and I say Timo Jones. He then freaks out and just starts getting super excited and comes back and says "Is it Timo B. Jones?" "Yes! That's him!" Come to find out he was my Dad's first greenie! It was soooo cool! I was so excited! He said my dad was a GREAT trainer and he just loved him! So yeah it was wayy cool!

Okay, so now I'll get to the CIA thing. Last night as we were walking home, a man walked past us and said "American Mormons." I've never seen him before and I turn around and say "Sorry, what?" He then comes up to us and starts freaking out asking if we are Mormons from America and such.. He then proceeds to tell us that we are NOT missionaries, but actually CIA Agents. I'm not lying. So yeah just so you all know I'm no longer a missionary, but I am CIA Agent. Yep. That happened. 

So yeah! It was such an exciting week here! We are gearing up for our last week of the transfer so time to "Finnish Strong". Wow. I can't believe I just said that.. Oh whatever. ha 

I love you all! Thanks for all you do!!

Love,
Sister Jones

Me having my sad moment about our investigator

Some of my MOST favorite ward members! 
Sisar Andersson, Me and Bro. Ochsenhirt (My dad's Companion)

Also Subway had a sale this week.. Of course there were pictures :)






No comments:

Post a Comment