Hei!
So this was a fantastic week here in Provo! Starting off with Friday, we GOT FLIGHT PLANS! We leave Monday morning at 6:30! Yay! Honestly its early, but its sooo much better than the people who have to leave at 3:30 am. I can say that because when we went to Cali we had to leave at 3:30, but its going to be great. Only two super-easy layovers and we get to Finland Tuesday at 4:10 pm. Super perfect and easy! I can't wait!
With the last 10 days being here for the same amount of time as English speakers, I decided to do something legendary every day I have remaining here at the MTC. Some of my legends included, running a 3 minute mile, buying weird juices, and being the best foursquare player ever. The 3 minute mile was pretty impressive because I really hate running. Also, nobody actually witnessed my 3 minute mile because my companion was in the bathroom. Maybe there's no concrete proof of it, but if you ask me, I'll tell you I ran it.
So this week was Halloween! If there was ever a perfect holiday to be in the MTC, it was definitely this one. Sister Schoendorfer and I dressed up and went trick-or-treating to all the other rooms in our residence building. Everyone loved it! We shared messages in our mission languages, with Sister Schoendorfer speaking Hungarian, it just gave us awesome practice for our mission. We may or may not have collected a pound of candy each from all the trick-or-treating, we're not saying. All in all it was the PERFECT Halloween and I had such a great time!
Sunday was fantastic! We had a mission conference that was all about families. Later that night we had a devotional. Granted it made me really miss my family but it made me so excited to go find Finnish families that are prepped and ready to hear the Gospel! It also made me EXTREMELY excited to be in Finland, the land of my family, and get to hopefully spend time with my family that is there!
So lets get real here for a second... I'm not going to lie... I'm extremely terrified to go to Finland on Monday. I don't feel prepared enough to go serve and speak a completely different language. Granted I've been here for 9 weeks studying harder than I ever have in my life, but I still don't feel ready. Luckily whenever I get super bummed out that I'm not fluent in Finnish, I'm reminded of the scripture that says "The Lord qualifies who he calls." He called me to Finland for a reason and starting Monday I get to find out what that reason is.
Well that's all I have for this week ladies and gents! I'm headed to Finland on Monday and I can't wait to start this new chapter of my mission! Leaving the MTC will be hard because I've grown to love this place so much! I'm so grateful for all the prayers and support I've received this far! I love you all!
I'll talk to you again when I'm in the Homeland!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment